5 November 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: BELLA BOX OCTOBER 2017



Another month has quickly slipped by, and it's time for another Bella Box.. The October edition of the Bella Box has the theme Tricks & Treats, which I guess is very appropriate, in the lead up to Halloween! So let's see what was in this month's box.. 

Models Own / Colour Chrome Eye Shadow Kit - Full Size ($19.95)
If you haven't heard, Models Own has finally arrived in Australia too, and this is my first time trying anything from the brand, though I've heard lots about it. This is a quite different eye shadow, as it comes with a little tray as well as a tiny bottle of primer, so that you can either use the shadows on their own, or mix in the Intensifying Eye Primer for a buildable foil finish with an intense and long-lasting metallic shine. I got the shade Golden Lights, which is a light golden shade, but I am not sure the high metallic shine is really for me, so I may use it on its own. Regardless, I'm excited to finally be able to put something from this brand to the test.


Kerastase Paris Elixir Ultime Bi-phase Spray Oil - Deluxe Sample, 50ml RRRP: $59 / 100ml)
I absolutely adore the products from Kerastase so I am very excited to see this bottle of hair oil included. It can be used in wet and dry hair and promises to create shine and volume. The bottle has a pump making it easy to use, and the small bottle will also be perfect for travelling.


Citra & Co 24K Gold Hydrating Collagen Lip Mask - Full Size (RRP: $4.95 / 1 mask)
Lip masks seems to be all the rave at the moment, but I'm yet to try one, so quite excited to try this one out. It is infused with 24K gold and collagen and promises to help lock in moisture and plump up the pout. I can't wait to try.


Swisse Hyaluro-Natural Moisturising Facial Serum - Deluxe Sample, 4ml (RPR: $29.95 / 30ml)

This serum is a nutrient rich and intensely hydrating serum containing a natural botanical alternative to hyaluronic acid to leave the skin feeling soft, supple, hydrated and radiant. I haven't really tried any of the products from Swisse, and I like the fact that it is made from 96.6% natural ingredients, so I do look forward to trying this one out.


Natures Commonscents Natural Paw Paw Soap - Full Size, 100g (RRP: $2 / 100g)
I admit that I am not a huge fan of soap bars as I simply find they get so messy very quickly. But immediately when I opened this Bella Box the beautiful scent from this soap met me. Absolutely divine. It is made using vitamin E to moisturise and soothe the skin, and I do like that it is made using no sulphates and parabens. It will be perfect to pop into my lingerie drawer!


Then there was a bonus product of a sachet sample, 1ml, of the Lavera Basis Anti-Ageing Moisturising Day Cream. I am not keen on sachet samples as I don't find they contain sufficient product for me to really get an idea of how the product performs on my skin, but that said, it is a bonus inclusion, so you really cannot complain. Lavera is a German brand which I've never heard of before, but I like hearing that it is a vegan brand made with certified organic ingredients.

Finally the Bella Box also contained a discount card giving $5 off any Models Own product in Priceline, as well as a another discount code for $20 off when you spend over $90 at Style Thread.

So there you go, the October Bella Box. I love that there are a few brands included that I've never tried before, including Models Own, Citra and Swisse. The variety of products is also great this month, and I'll certainly look forward to putting all to the test. I probably would never have purchased that Models Own eye shadow myself, nor the soap bar from Natures Commonscents, but I am excited about the Kerastase oil and the lip mask from Citra & Co, and those two products on their own are worth over $35, thus still making the box great value.

So all in all well done Bella Box on managing to put together yet another box yet this month, with a great variety of products and brands.


Bella Box - RRP: $17.95 ($15.00+ $2.95 P&H) on a subscription plan, billed monthly, but you can cancel anytime

Available from Bella Box

* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig